Thursday, February 17, 2011

If I Were in Charge of the World

If I were in charge of the world,
polar bears would be pets,
cupcakes would be a suitable dinner,
and springtime would be year-round.

If I were in charge of the world,
fairy tales would be real,
every girl would be a princess,
every boy a prince,
and they really would live happily ever after,
the dreams that you dreamed could come true.

If I were in charge of the world,
the stars would shine brighter every night,
raindrops would taste like gumdrops,
and rainbows would liven up the sky even without a drop of rain.

If I were in charge of the world,
life would be simple again.


6 comments:

  1. I want you to be in charge because I want to live in that world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole verse about fairytales:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this poem :) I wish fairy-tails would come true too.. Disney gave me high expectations about relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this poem because it makes me think of all the things that I dream about too! I also like the last line that states that if all of these things came true life would be simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem makes me smile! I would definetly be okay if you were in charge of the world because all of that sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete